Working for yourself can seem daunting at the best of times, never mind during a global pandemic. But don’t fret, Fairdo is here to make starting your own ‘thing’ as easy and fair as possible in various ways! Such as offering low service fees, ranging from 6% – 10%. Given that our nearest competitors charge between 10% – 22%, we think that’s fair enough, right?
Here are five more reasons why you should consider making the move to freelance. Hopefully this acts as the motivation you need to start your new life in self-employment…with Fairdo’s backing. If not, well, forward it on to your freelancer friends.
1. Work in your own time: If, like me, you work best between the hours of 2am and 8am then, like me, you’re probably a diagnosed insomniac. But as a freelancer, you can actually GET PAID for working those hours. Yep, you no longer have to pretend you love the 9 to 5 grind, and can work to your own schedule – as long as you meet the goals and deadlines you set yourself.
2. Location: As a freelancer, you can work where you want to, not where you have to. There’s no need to commute – adios rush hour, we won’t miss you! Create a home office, peruse the local coffee shops (but buy a coffee or they chuck you out), step outside…or if you still crave the buzz of an office, try a shared workspace. The world is your oyster. Albeit an oyster that will probably revolve around two square miles…but it’s still yours.
3. Control your finances: Yep, that’s right you own all the money you bring in. You’ve got to pay tax of course but no one else will profit off your back, aside from maybe your chiropractor (sorry). So, make your money work for you. At Fairdo, all your payments are securely held until both you and the person requiring the work deem the work complete. It’s the fairest way to ensure everybody gets what they need, and helps you control exactly what comes in and out.
4. Your health: Working as a freelancer is a chance to look after your health better. Less commuting means less stress…and more time for Pilates. Take longer lunch breaks, cook and eat better food, buy a yoga mat for no reason at all. It’s a great opportunity to improve your physical and mental well being by creating a routine that fits around your working schedule.
5. Holidays: Here’s a math problem for you… if there are 365 days in a year and 28 of them are holidays (as an average), how many days off do you get a year, including weekends? Answer: Who cares because you’re now a freelancer and can take as many days off as you want.* Maybe you take a full month off and work the next four straight. Maybe you do it just like an employer would. Or maybe you move things around based on how busy you are. Gone are the days of having to get approval for weddings you don’t even want to go to. You decide.
*the actual answer was 132 days off. Well done if you googled it.
At Fairdo, we ensure all parties are verified using the latest digital technologies, you can trust who you’re working for and they can trust you. Freelance work lets you build relationships that will only help you progress your freelance career in the future. Why not help build those relationships with us at Fairdo?